Magical Switzerland - Classic Group, Winter 2021-2022
Brochure Type: Europe Summer 2021 V2
Experience Christmas like never before, as you admire snow-laden Alpine peaks, traditional markets and sparkling lakes with a highlight experience aboard the famous Glacier Express.
- Lucerne: Join your Travel Director and fellow travelers for your Welcome Dinner served with wine.
- Geneva: You will be delighted with a delicious fondue dinner at local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, it's a real Swiss treat.
- Dining Summary: 6 Breakfast (B), 4 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Marvel at the the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhone Valley and along Lake Geneva.: Marvel at the the winter wonderland of passing landscapes as you travel through the Walensee and Grisons regions, through the Rhone Valley and along Lake Geneva.
- Christmas Markets: Lose yourself in the festive atmosphere of Christmas, where you can shop for local delicacies and try the heart-warming Gluhwein. Explore on select departures.
- Lucerne: During your orientation with your Travel Director, see the emotive Lion Monument, Jesuit Church and Chapel Bridge.
- St Moritz: During your orientation of this alpine resort see the spa quarter and glacial lake.
- Glacier Express: Travel along the route of the world-famous Glacier Express, through looping tunnels and dizzying viaducts, in the scenic heart of the Swiss Alps, on a regional train fully powered by hydroelectricity.
- Brig: During your orientation with your Travel Director cross the River Rhone and hear about this popular holiday resort at the foot of the Simplon Pass.
- Zermatt: Ride the shuttle trains of the Matterhorn Gotthard Railway up to the traffic-free Alpine resort. Should weather permit, you may even see the majestic peak of the Matterhorn.
- Chillon Castle: Led by your Local Expert, visit the castle set on a rocky islet in the lake. Following his walk through the dungeons in 1816, Lord Byron wrote the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon'. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar.
- Montreux: At the foot of the Alps this town boasts one of the most beautiful walks along Lake Geneva, join your Travel Director for an orientation before there is free time to explore.
- Geneva: During your orientation, your Travel Director will show you the Jet d'Eau and Floral Clock.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- If your arrival and/or departure flights are as per the itinerary start and end dates, then transfers are available at scheduled times
- If your flights are outside these times, or you have booked additional nights accommodation with Insight Vacations, you may purchase transfers or make your own way from/to the airport
Call (816) 531-0100 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15546053
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Zurich and Lovely Lucerne: Welcome to Switzerland - an enchanting winter wonderland of frozen waterfalls, peaceful cosy villages, snow-laden forests and imposing mountain ranges, crowned by famous peaks. On arrival at Zurich airport, transfers leave for your hotel in Lucerne at 09:30 and 13:30. Join your Travel Director and fellow guests at 18:00 for a Welcome Dinner with good food and wine. (Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Astoria, Lucerne.
|Day 2||St. Moritz||Lucerne and St. Moritz: Experience Lucerne, a beautiful 14th century city still protected by medieval fortifications. Your Travel Director will reveal the covered wooden bridges, the painted gables and the sorrowful Lion Monument. Then there's time to enjoy the excellent shops and lakeside walks before heading along the dramatic Walensee, past Chur, to the fashionable ski resort of St. Moritz. Set in the sparkling Engadine Valley, this elegant resort nestles below the awe-inspiring, majestic Grisons Alps. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Laudinella, St Moritz.
|Day 3||St. Moritz||St. Moritz at Leisure: This whole day is completely at leisure, so maybe enjoy a late breakfast to start? Afterwards you may choose to explore the spa quarter of this chic resort, see the houses with their traditional sgraffito facades or indulge in the stylish boutiques? You may even consider joining the Bernina Express for a scenic rail journey of such epic proportions that it has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site? (Breakfast)|
Hotel Laudinella, St Moritz.
|Day 4||Brig||Aboard the Glacier Express: Board the world famous Glacier Express for a spectacular ride with lunch included, through the heart of the Swiss Alps. Descend through the tunnels of the Albula Pass and traverse the lofty Landwasser Viaduct. Your train then joins the broad Rhine Gorge and meanders beside rock-strewn rivers before climbing through snowy pastures and woodlands. Picturesque landscapes of ice-capped mountains and stone-built villages with chalet-style houses glide by. After a series of spirals, you will reach the highest point of the route, the icy Oberalp Pass. Modern, panoramic viewing cars ensure that you won't miss a thing on your descent to Andermatt and down the Rhone Valley. Around mid-afternoon, you will disembark in Brig. (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Alex, Brig.
|Day 5||Zermatt||Zermatt, Matterhorn Village: Marvel at the dramatic Swiss scenery, as you follow the narrow valley which leads to Tasch. Here, you leave the coach to board the cogwheel train that takes you to the traffic-free haven of Zermatt, at the foot of the Matterhorn. Wander along its cobbled streets to browse among the shops, explore the ancient wooden farmhouses and mazot barns in the back alleys, or visit the Matterhorn Museum to pass through the homes of yesteryear. If you have a head for heights, then you may like to board the cable car up the Klein Matterhorn. From the summit, marvel at the incredible views of the icebound Swiss Alps, should weather permit. Return to your hotel in Brig where the remainder of the day is at leisure. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Alex, Brig.
|Day 6||Geneva||Chillon Castle and Geneva: Journey along the Lower Rhone Valley to the shores of Lake Geneva where the associations with the early European Romantic movement are very strong. With your Local Expert, visit beautiful Chillon Castle, former home to the Counts of Savoy, set on a rocky islet in the lake. In 1816, the castle inspired Lord Byron to write the poem 'The Prisoner of Chillon,' following his walk through the dungeons. Look out for his name, which he carved into a pillar. Close by is the sophisticated tiered town of Montreux, where it is delightful to stroll along the lakeside promenade. Enjoy a beautiful journey alongside the lake, passing Vevey and Lausanne, to reach the immaculate town of Geneva. On arrival, your orientation includes the United Nations Building, officially known as the Palais des Nations, the Old Town and the Jet d'Eau. Spend your night in Geneva, rejoicing with your newfound friends at the local restaurant, Le Petit Chalet, as you are treated to a delicious, traditional fondue Celebration Dinner complete with wine. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 7||Geneva||Depart Geneva: Your magical journey comes to an end after breakfast. Your transfer will arrive at Geneva airport at 08:00 or 10:00. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: (08 Dec) Christmas Markets: This departure will explore in Lucerne. (08 Dec) Festive Highlight Dinner: This departure will enjoy Christmas dinner in Brig. (08 Dec) This departure will stay at Kongress Hotel Davos in lieu of Laudinella St Moritz and will enjoy a special highlight meal for New Year's Eve.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class